making a python water changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck! I couldn't find anyone here who has done this. Maybe document and post your project so folks who want to try it can find it easily? I don't know if Python is a site sponsor or what the deal is because this seems like such an easy item to build more cheaply and using higher quality fittings and whatever length tubing you need!

Ok. I have some adVice if you are at least 20 ft from the sink. I already had a gravel vac with 5ft of hose. So I bought 10ft of clear tubing 1/2" and a 1/2" barb fitting to connect the two pieces of hose together. 6 bucks in parts right there. Then bOught a faucet adapter that will hook up a garden house that was 6 bucks. Then bOught a 15 ft garden hose for about 8 bucks. All the fittings were metal. So far $20 I made my own. And I love it. Makes it so much easier changing out 25 gallons of water at a time now . I bought all this from Home Depot. And can give you the UPC for them

Sent from my phone cuz im too lazy to get on my laptop

Here's the one I made and use. It's the vac tube with a hose attached and a brass tap fitting on the end. Works great. After you siphon and drain, you just hook the brass fitting up to the tap without removing the vac from the tank and turn the water on. I fold the hose and kink it to stop the water draining and making a mess while I hook it up to the tap. If your looking for a fitting like the python has, it is basically a water bed fill/drain fitting.

yea only.problem I'm seeing is who has water bed filler

ok who the hell still has water beds lol didn't even no they made them anymore

Back
Top Bottom