Making Objects Aquarium Safe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SLB76

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. Anyone know any specific products that's also readily available to be used to seal and protect objects? I have a Shist rock with a painted logo on it that I would love to put in my aquarium and make it safe for my cichlids. Cheers
e0697708fbde674ccc2fb011af2efbb0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The object will have no clock parts on it. Just rock and painted logo

That's why I'm looking for ideas on sealing/protecting it. I've seen it done on the show Tanked. But never give any details on what they use.

Why not? That's their profession. Anyways found something that'll work.

Pond Armor

Everyone entitled to their opinion but I got the Pond Armor from doing research.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used acrylic paint to redo some dragons I had and sealed it with the dishwasher safe mod podge because it's meant to be submerged and it's food safe and I've never had any problems. I just waited 24 hours between coats of paint and mod podge.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm looking to do the same thing with shells that might have deteriorated over time due to the bad climate(they were out side for years) I was thinking maybe a poxy resin or polyethylene I'll check out that pond armor never heard of it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom