Making sponge filter for small tanks/bowls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearly

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone suggest ideas or point me in right direction where to get info on making small sponge filters to augment filtration of small tanks and bowls (up to 10 gal)? Or if making one is too labor intensive is there something like that available?

If you just search sponge filter on Amazon.com it'll come up with all sorts of sizes of them- so you can decide whichever would work best for your tanks. Those were just some examples. :)

Thank you Okapizebra! Went to petco the other day and the cheapest one was 35-45$, But this was my first place to look. Thx again for ideas

I posted one i had made below from a bottle and sone pvc cost me completley nothing as i had it all lying around

ForumRunner_20130619_201225.jpg

Sorry its sideways and dark

I posted one i had made below from a bottle and sone pvc cost me completley nothing as i had it all lying around

Sorry its sideways and dark

That's great! Is there a way I could look up some detailed dyi instructions? You know, like for someone completely nontechnically inclined? Like for the 6yr old??????

Thanks my attempts to reply not working:( got new phone the other day. Will try again to pm you later

All I do for mine is take a filter sponge and stick a piece of airline tubing in it. Seems to work out fine for me.

All I do for mine is take a filter sponge and stick a piece of airline tubing in it. Seems to work out fine for me.

Hi, thanks, well... How about pump of sine some sort? How will the water be moved through it?

Hi, thanks, well... How about pump of sine some sort? How will the water be moved through it?

the water is moved slowly. as the bubbles generated by the air pumps rise, they "drag" water particles with them, albeit in very small amount.

the water is moved slowly. as the bubbles generated by the air pumps rise, they "drag" water particles with them, albeit in very small amount.

Back
Top Bottom