making tank toys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtankfiend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if you guys had ideas about easily making tank toys that my mollies can enjoy swimming through or hiding in. i had a simple idea of getting a foot a 3" or 4" PVC pipe and cutting it in half (longways) and drilling or cutting holes in it. Putting the cut side in the gravel.

Lots of people do this. You can use aquarium sealant to glue rocks or gravel to the PVC to make it look better, or paint it with Krylon Fusion spray paint. Or both. Just be sure that both methods are allowed to cure or dry thoroughly before putting them in. I wait at least a week.

PVC will work. You don't even need to cut it, just bury it a little. Plain clay flower pots also work well. Certain plants will even attach to clay.

Make two goal shapes out of straws and then put one at one end of the tank, one at the other. Then, look for a small ball wich is a little bigger than your fishes mouth then just let 'em play football.

Back
Top Bottom