Marine fish food thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you cut the food off from the big chunk then thaw it or after you cut it do you chop it up some more? When I feed some pieces are too big for my clowns

Do you cut the food off from the big chunk then thaw it or after you cut it do you chop it up some more? When I feed some pieces are too big for my clowns

I cute mine up in very small chunks put through food processor and puree the food to were there are no more chunks the spoon into a freezer bags in a thin layer use a rolling pin or any object to roll it out flat in the zipper lock bags and lay flat in the freezer. Then when ready to feed I just break off small chunks from that and put in a cup of tank water or RO/DI water let thaw and stir around and then pour into the tank. Which I need to do that tonight.

Right. If the chunks are too big, you need to chop the next batch up a little more in the processor. Just try not to chop them so small it's like mush.

Well for one you need preservatives for it to last awhile but fresh is the best way to go if your doing that I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What kind of preservatives do you need to use for frozen fish? My frozen food lasts quite a while in the freezer with no additives.

Oh sorry thought you were going the fresh route ? frozen isn't fresh.. Never is.

Buy fresh, then freeze to keep it from going bad. My point was that even a year later, it doesn't smell like the frozen stuff at the LFS. Food grade is much cleaner than LFS frozen stuff.

I'm glad I came across this. I'm working on my first fowlr bio cube with my nephew and was honestly feeling overwhelmed when trying to figure out what food to get but this will be a million times easier. I'm sure I can find a cheapo food processor rummaging this weekend to use. Thanks for this info Mr X.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Is the cyclopeeze available on Amazon or EBay and just by another name. I found everything else at my grocery store but having a hard time finding the cyclop

That's why I use a knife to chop everything up, a food processor can grind it too fine.

Would this recipe work for a pair of clowns or is it overkill?

Back
Top Bottom