Meanwell pwm driver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

I just got done with finals, and I wired up the light I was making.

5719193595_1e1b9544ec_b.jpg

5719193271_4c40fdc206_b.jpg

My problem, I think, is that I don't have a dimmer for my meanwell, and I believe that's why it isn't turning on. Is there a way to make the meanwell work without a dimmer or is there some other problem with my wiring?

So, I have four strings of 6 leds, and each meanwell can support 2 strings. I have the positives of both strings going to the red lead from the meanwell, and the negatives going to the black wire. (two strings of 6 in parallel) On the plug I have the postive (brown) going to the brass colored terminal, and the blue going to the negative.

And yes... that is my foot :)

Hey guys,

I just got done with finals, and I wired up the light I was making.

5719193595_1e1b9544ec_b.jpg

5719193271_4c40fdc206_b.jpg

My problem, I think, is that I don't have a dimmer for my meanwell, and I believe that's why it isn't turning on. Is there a way to make the meanwell work without a dimmer or is there some other problem with my wiring?

So, I have four strings of 6 leds, and each meanwell can support 2 strings. I have the positives of both strings going to the red lead from the meanwell, and the negatives going to the black wire. (two strings of 6 in parallel) On the plug I have the postive (brown) going to the brass colored terminal, and the blue going to the negative.

And yes... that is my foot :)

I emailed meanwell, and they said I do need a dimmer, so I bought a few of these

Quickar Electronics, Inc. Distributors, Buyers, Sellers of Surplus, Excess Electronics Components- Worldwide Independent Distributor Stocking New and Surplus Hard to Find Electronic Components

Interesting. How do you like the Meanwell driver? I just started looking at PWM dimming drivers and the Meanwells seem like the best bang for the buck so far.

I actually haven't gotten my light to work yet. I'm building the pwm kit once it comes, and hopefully that will get it to work. I'm going home in two weeks to finish the light, so we'll know then.

Back
Top Bottom