Media Basket DIY Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlkng1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Good morning..

I have two of the Nanocube LED tanks and was looking forward to getting rid of the stock media baskets and using the inTank version, however, the baskets are too large for the tank and inTank can't custom cut. While they are aware of the problem and acknowledge the issue, they say they can't make changes until the next production run, so, I am stuck.

According to inTank, and I saw this as well when I was trying to figure out why the basket wouldn't fit, JBL doesn't make every tank identical and the tolerances for the filter area size is horrible. For example, one tank has a trim lip, like you would see on a rectangular tank, the lip where say a glass cover would sit; my other tank doesn't have it. There is also a difference of a full 1/4 inch in the side-to-side measurement of the filter area between the two tanks.

After looking at the basket I am pretty sure I can con, uhm, convince, my brother to help me make the cuts to some polycarbonate sheeting, however, the question comes in as to what type of glue to use to put the pieces together..I don't think the standard gel superglue is going to work and the only other thing I can think of is silicone.

Any ideas?

When I got my media baskets some of the welds or connections had come undone. I used regular coral super glue to glue them back together. It's been several months and it's still holding strong. :)

Back
Top Bottom