Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
is back to save the day!

Also, pass up on the live sand. It really isnt worth it when you could be putting your money elsewhere. Im sure a 5-10lb bag isnt that expensive, but its still not worth it. Most likely whatever was in there that was live, is dead now from sitting on shelves for such a long time. If you can get live sand from an already established tank with NO previous fish in that tank, then i would say go for it. But the live rock is good as is the microalgae. But honestly, with the 10-15$ you would be spending on the live sand, you could buy food with that for your inhabitants. Just get a small bag of regular aragonite. Cheaper and in a few months it will be live. JMO though ;D

Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I have everything I need for my refugium, I picked up some of this https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...01&pcatid=2401 a few more pieces of live rock and some artificial sand (I would pass on sand altogether but it just would bother me if some kind of sand wasn't in there, ya know?) I agree though, I didn't even waste the money on live sand. Also picked up a new pump with a higher GPH rating.

Now I just gotta wait for the silicone to finish drying and tomorrow I can setup my new refugium and ditch that piece of junk wet/dry! I am soooo excited! I'll be sure to post a pic once it's all finished.

Stingrays are the best!
stratmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

chi, refugium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com