Mini fridge or wine chiller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kushgodrex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to be putting a canister filter inside of the chiller, I don't want to get a mini fridge and I have to shut it off every time it gets too cold, but I don't want to get a wine chiller and it not be cold enough. Who has experience using either/or as a chiller?
what setting was the chiller on?
How cold did it keep your aquarium?
I'm looking to keep a 60-65 degree aquarium in a 73 degree ambient air temp apartment.

I posted a thread on summertime heat. There are a lot of links and a DIY video link in the responses.

I'll look up the title and come back and edit so you can find the thread.

General discussion area> summertime heat and cooling???

There is a link to a video on exactly what you want to do.

I wanted a chiller till I figured out it's to rich for my poor butt
so I settled with fans
p-25718-62832C-fish.jpg

I Purchased 2 of the 4 fan models I flipped every other fan so 2 blow in 2 blow out seems to work great

I wanted a chiller till I figured out it's to rich for my poor butt
so I settled with fans
p-25718-62832C-fish.jpg

I Purchased 2 of the 4 fan models I flipped every other fan so 2 blow in 2 blow out seems to work great

What are these Available?

Haha I was cheaper then u I just got my accilation fan and faced it at the tank lol it works lol

You can find these on dr foster and smith, I think they're called azoo cooling fans. But I'm trying to drop my temperature down 15 degrees almost. Around 60

Great idea!! I'm thinking I need to do something along these lines.. My 3rd floor apt gets stupid hot in the summer. I'm considering just running air conditioners during the day so I can being it from the cooler temp as well as my 78 deg tanks.. My apt hit 98 last year...

Add some extra tubing to make a coil ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402585452.385066.jpg
If you want to cool the water more this will expose more of it to cool air longer! Just center the canister and coil around it! Bc having the canister filter inside will produce a little bit of heat anyways

Back
Top Bottom