Moonlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finished my moon lights, They make the tank look wild at night. I'll post some pictures along with my mounting design later, gotta go out of town for a couple of days (till the heat cools down) :lol: :wink: . Got a job to do so I'm probally gonna be busy until Wed. I'll get some pictures posted later this week.

I used 4000 mcd blue led's, 39 ohm resistors, and a 4.5 volt dc (portable cd player type) transformer, Got a 36" piece of 1/4 birch plywood, drilled 10 holes just big enough for the led's, then reamed out the back side with a larger drill bit so the "lip" of the led would fit flush. I had the wood cut to 1 1/2 wide. I'm gonna take a 1/2 wide piece on both sides and then another piece 1 1/2 in wide to top it off.

I'm an alarm installer/ company owner/ cheif cook and bottel washer. :lol: I'm gonna try some pictures today. It's not finished completely, I have to get a couple of strips cut for the sides but you will get the idea.

Here ya go, I'll start with the finished lights on setup.

moonlights_002.jpg

And the front of the lights mounted.

moonlights_003.jpg

And the wiring , simple to do. I was hurrying, my grandbaby wanted to take my lights and play with them. :roll:

moonlights_004.jpg

moonlights_005.jpg

WOW, that is really REALLY nice!

Do you think you could list specific parts? I don't have an electronics background per'se but I do well with soldering. I think I could put that together myself if I had good instructions.

hmm, maybe instead of wood you could use plexiglass so you don't have to worry about the wood getting wet and warping? oh! maybe you could install it right into the hood lid? oh the brain is stormin'!!

Can you send me the instructions too? wanted to making moonlights but don't have the electronic skills :cry:
If I know how to make it step by step, i'm sure I can make it.
Thanks

your moon lights look awsome! you think you could hook me up with some directions too :lol: That would be very cool.
thank you

Shoot me your email addy, either through pm or email me. (Never thought an unfinished product would raise so much attention). :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom