Motorized 55g stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Twitch im def still keeping this idea alive:) problem isn't making a fully functioning lift, its making it sturdy and safe enough to put a tank on

all its doing is going up and down out of a desk or table? easy money... have you checked into motorcycle lifts? cheap enough and could be housed inside a "stand" of some sort. stable smooth and most of the guess work done.

2 of the areas for concern are buffered stops(both up and down, can't jerk to a stop) and failsafe... would need something in place to prevent it from falling during any mechanical/pressure loss

electric over hydrologic. they have holding valves. mechanical locks. something to look at anyway. should be smooth enough operation that should work for your purpose.

depending on budget, should be easy enough to get the right one for what you need. there are also air operated lift tables that are rated for the weight. and stable too.

haha yeah Tanked done something of the sort, but that show came out after the OP, so maybe Tanked copied his idea! haha good luck if you decide to persue this project tho, would be awesome for sure!

You can pick up second hand industrial hydrolic tables very cheap, just pullout and use the hydraulics from that. Have done this for DIY hydraulic tables in my shed for working with heavy projects with great success. The hydraulics out of these kind of tables sound like they will work perfectly for what your trying to do......I could raise about 400kg nice and smooth

What does 400kg translate to in pounds? Id LOVE to pull off this motorized stand idea with my 125.... that'd be amazing

huma-huma said:
What does 400kg translate to in pounds? Id LOVE to pull off this motorized stand idea with my 125.... that'd be amazing

A lil more then 880 lbs

Ud be maxing that thing out with just 125 gallons of water close to 1000 lbs

Yeah that's the tricky part...and in doing this, id want to do overkill in the running gear so as to make sure im not stressing anything

Id imagine the easiest way to deal with the weight issue after 1000 lbs is either go industrial with the lift or use a counterweight system so ur lift doesn't have to pick up the entire load

U could essentially rig up counterweight to the point that u could just lift the tank with a pinky given its done perfectly...have to have a **** of a floor though lol

See this is where hydraulic lifts come into play...1000 lbs is nothing to lift for a hydraulic system

True I couldn't even imagine the first steps of getting this project started ill let someone else be the first on this one lol

If you can find a hydraulic table(or similar), really should not be too hard. Just design the whole thing around the hydraulics. The table frame i made was welded together, just a wood top:)

No need for counter weights, the hydraulics is way strong enough. Even though it was lifting 400kg (800-900pounds) It did this with ease and could definatley lift more.

If you cant find any second hand hydraulic tables you could always settle for a electric hydraulic scissor lift.

Here is one i found on ebay for you, just to give you an idea

1,000 POUND SOUTHWORTH® HYDRAULIC LIFT TABLE | eBay

Hope this helps

If I did go ahead with this idea, there'd be 3 stipulations..
1. The "stand" would have to blend in with the room when the tank is hidden.
2. Must be on a solid concrete floor...I don't care how well built a wooden floor is, even the slightest movement could destroy everything while the tank raises/lowers.
3. It would have to be atleast a 125... what's the sense of doing this crazy amazing stand setup on a small tank?

Back
Top Bottom