moving my tank in wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice job! I couldn't tell by the pictures. Did you put a header in in above the tank at all or just let the cut studs hang?

Very nice job! I couldn't tell by the pictures. Did you put a header in in above the tank at all or just let the cut studs hang?

thanks for the kind comments everyone!

there is no header yet, the studs are just hanging for the moment, I still need to enclose the bottom so that it looks like a cabinet and I will close up the top somehow where the studs are and I want to put a lightbar that will raise/lift up out of the way for cleaning

wow thats very good work, im very jealous.. i dont think my apartments would like if i did something like that. mite loose my deposit.. lol

My thoughts exactly... Without being able to see the rest of the house or that room, did you determine if that is a load-bearing wall? If it is, and you have gone months without a header in there, that is flirting with some serious disaster! I can't even guess what you nailed the picture frame molding to on the front side if you didn't put at least a nailer in there of some kind???

My thoughts exactly... Without being able to see the rest of the house or that room, did you determine if that is a load-bearing wall? If it is, and you have gone months without a header in there, that is flirting with some serious disaster! I can't even guess what you nailed the picture frame molding to on the front side if you didn't put at least a nailer in there of some kind???

yep, i found out the wall was not load bearing and then I added in 2x4's to nail the moulding to

thanks everyone for the kind comments, its been over a year now and its going great, I still havent "prettied" it up inside the closet but I will by this summer, I'll post more pics then

I have found it is MUCH easier to maintain a larger tank like this, I am even considering going larger, maybe a foot taller in the next couple of years, we'll see

It looks amazing, I want to do the same thing, but when I do mine.. I want it to take up the WHOLE WALL!

Great job. It's beautiful. As soon as we started setting up our new tank my husband and son started talking about knocking out a wall and installing a larger tank. :) I'll have to show them this set up and ask who's willing to give up a room lol

Back
Top Bottom