Moving Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SAAVE853

Aquarium Advice Freak
I building a new stand for my 55 gal b/c I wanna put a bigger sump on there and the one i have is too short to fit anything down there but maybe a 10 gal.

My question is what would be the best way to move my tank from the stand it's on now to the new one??

Ahell of a lot of help or empty water into containers,fish into temp tank then shift it,and put everything back.

Don't try to move the tank when it's full. That's just asking for disaster.

- Put the fish in buckets or coolers and drain the tank. There's no need to save the water unless it's saltwater or RO water.

- Remove all decor except the substrate. You don't want anything shifting and cracking the tank.

- If you're placing the new stand in the same location as the old stand, you'll need three or four strong people.

- Have two people pick up the aquarium and hold it. Move the old stand out and move the new stand in. Set the aquarium on the new stand. Level the new stand with shims before you fill the tank back up.

There should be no problem with my LR having die off while i do this?? I figure it will be empty for maybe 30 min tops??

I would put the LR in a tub of water as well. 30 minutes doesn't seem all that long but it could dry out a bit in that time. Keeping it wet is the best.

Back
Top Bottom