Mumma's TV tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh i love those harlequin rasboras. They are expensive in my lfs though so am waiting when i am richer. Lol. But your tank is much more lush looking with new crypts in there. So natural looking. That is why i love it.

shellyx said:
Amazing! Well done :)

Thank you

daileene said:
Oh i love those harlequin rasboras. They are expensive in my lfs though so am waiting when i am richer. Lol. But your tank is much more lush looking with new crypts in there. So natural looking. That is why i love it.

I have to say they are my favorite schooling fish. I just love their coloring. I payed $5 each for them but I think they are totally worth it.

I have to say they are my favorite schooling fish. I just love their coloring. I payed $5 each for them but I think they are totally worth it.

I love mine... they are great for mid/upper level activity, at least in my tank.

I had to laugh (and almost cry) at that last part. I would've never paid $5 for a fish. 4 months ago I set up a SW nano-reef, and now see that and say "Good Lord.... I wish I could find anything for $5, let alone a fish" :lol: It's amazing how fast perspective changes.

Thank you

You guys have to pay $5 for Harlequin Rasboras? Wow. They are $1.49 at Petco here. Always on sale. Great little fish.

Phranque said:
I love mine... they are great for mid/upper level activity, at least in my tank.

I had to laugh (and almost cry) at that last part. I would've never paid $5 for a fish. 4 months ago I set up a SW nano-reef, and now see that and say "Good Lord.... I wish I could find anything for $5, let alone a fish" :lol: It's amazing how fast perspective changes.

Haha I was thinking the same. Sometimes I see fish for $60 and I'm thinking wow that's a good deal lol

Ibrahim said:
Haha I was thinking the same. Sometimes I see fish for $60 and I'm thinking wow that's a good deal lol

Haha I know what you mean but my most expensive fish was a angel 25$ lol I've got a long way to go but for a 16 year old junior paying for classes in a community college who can blame me for a tight budget lol

Something happened to this tank. I'm thinking the dirt substrate was too thick. In a matter of weeks I lost all the cories, 2 harlequins and my plaket betta. The crypts started to melt, the sword was withering and there was BBA everywhere! So a tore it down, cleaned it and now it looks like this.

image-1731018446.jpg

It now houses 20 or so Hongi fry.

image-1782622762.jpg

Cute little buggers they are. Future plans for this tank involve a total rescape and the addition of these guys.

image-3931382144.jpg

They are called 'rose endlers' and I'm hoping to get a good population of them going. At the moment they are hanging out in a 5g critter keeper waiting for the hongi to get big enough or for me to set up another tank for them.

Last edited:
Hi sorry to hear about your problems. glad you got it sorted though,strange sometimes how things can happen! Looking real smart now. Good luck(y)

I was thinking about maybe trying my hand at it , but only not with a tv but a jeep grill instead

i really love your tv tank! ive been searching craigslist for an old tv for an aquarium, they are usually free but someone always gets them before me lol

MUMMA, Can we watch the fish channel :D Please that is just so neat!!!!!
I was thinking about maybe trying my hand at it , but only not with a tv but a jeep grill instead
You should!
i really love your tv tank! ive been searching craigslist for an old tv for an aquarium, they are usually free but someone always gets them before me lol
Thanks :) they are tricky to get a hold of. Lucky I knew someone with one.
Hi sorry to hear about your problems. glad you got it sorted though,strange sometimes how things can happen! Looking real smart now. Good luck(y)

Back
Top Bottom