Mumma's TV tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im gonna do a tv build aswell,you have enspired me lol.saw them before and always wanted to do it.sorting out a tv now :cool::cool:

Hi any updates:) also yep i read broke me hand too phew then I see saw:lol: i really do need glasses:oops: good to hear it was only a saw! You must be strong to break one of them:brows:

for the issue with the gap in the bottom perhaps a 1/4 bit of lament board cut to size to cover the entire bottom. A simple router would clean up the edge to it and you could fit in perfectly. You could even stain it to match the rest of the television if so inclined so it blends in perfectly. It won't look exactly like a standard tv but filling it with some sort of filler won't either, or you could paint the board itself black too. get rid of the gap and it'll blend in with the black trim to give it a more "stock" look to the tv.

It's a wonderful project though. More things should be recycled like this. It's a great way to make an art piece and keep some more trash out of the garbage dump.

I vote next you take one of those old giant 1980's televisions. The 42" screens inside of a case that was nearly as big as the wall it was against. For those of you not old enough to remember http://www.boingboing.net/images/_6a00d83452989a69e200e553ec3da58834-800wi.jpg lol (yep, those were our 80" plasma screens back then) lol Imagine the stock you could keep in there!

^^ Wow that's huge. Lol. Thanks for the idea! No updates. The build has come to a stand still. Between sick kids and looking for a new house I haven't had time. :( I promise I will finish it soon.

No sorry. It's been sat in a corner and forgotten about. We are moving in 6-8 weeks so after we are settled I'm going to finish it off. Decided not to put the tank in until after the move to avoid hassle.

Oh cool cant wait till your finished any tips for when i do mine?

This is your friendly reminder to please keep on topic. This thread is about the TV tank build, so please keep it that way. Thanks.

Not yet :) I'm packing boxes as we speak and we are moving furniture on Saturday and tanks during the week next week. Probably another month after that and we will be settled so I can get this thing finished!!

Little update. During the move I shuffled some fish and emptied the 17g. It's now awaiting derimming.
(and the move went well:) still have 3 tanks left to move though)

Mumma.of.two said:
Little update. During the move I shuffled some fish and emptied the 17g. It's now awaiting derimming.
(and the move went well:) still have 3 tanks left to move though)

How do you de-rim a tank?

Do you have to sand down the edges afterwords? It seems to me like they would be sharp...

If your tank is sitting back from the front face of ur tv because of the bow, could you not just 180° your full scape and slot the tank in the other way round, should butt up nicely with the front face then?
Just a thought. :-\

Back
Top Bottom