Mumma's TV tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
I know some of you have been waiting patiently for me to start my TV tank build. Well, here it is! :)

I'm expecting it to be a slow build so updates won't be too often.....

Picked the TV up today. It's heaps better than I expected! Hoping to gut it next weekend.

image-2672701793.jpg

I've taken some measurements of my 17g and it looks like it will fit nicely except the waterline will most likely be below the top of the screen, which I'm trying to avoid.

Mumma.of.two said:
I've taken some measurements of my 17g and it looks like it will fit nicely except the waterline will most likely be below the top of the screen, which I'm trying to avoid.

I don't know how much space you will have in the bottom of the tv below the screen, but maybe you could put some wood or something in it to raise the tank up a little?

Mumma.of.two said:
I know some of you have been waiting patiently for me to start my TV tank build. Well, here it is! :)

I'm expecting it to be a slow build so updates won't be too often.....

Picked the TV up today. It's heaps better than I expected! Hoping to gut it next weekend.

Yay I'm soooo excited to see the end result!!! Is the 17g a bowfront? Do they even make 17g bowfronts lol. I didn't even know they made 17g tanks actually

Wow! Lots of interest. :)

Bearchumjs said:
I don't know how much space you will have in the bottom of the tv below the screen, but maybe you could put some wood or something in it to raise the tank up a little?

The screen of the TV is 38cm. The glass in the tank not including trim is 36cm and the total height of the tank is 41cm. So the trim and the waterline are probably going to be visible unfortunately.

Tcal01 said:
Yay I'm soooo excited to see the end result!!! Is the 17g a bowfront? Do they even make 17g bowfronts lol. I didn't even know they made 17g tanks actually

Not a bow front :(. Gotta work with what we got. It's a 65 litre aquaone tank. So it coverts to 17g.

Thats really cool! I can't wait to see how it turns out! Good luck with it!

Mumma.of.two said:
Wow! Lots of interest. :)

The screen of the TV is 38cm. The glass in the tank not including trim is 36cm and the total height of the tank is 41cm. So the trim and the waterline are probably going to be visible unfortunately.

Not a bow front :(. Gotta work with what we got. It's a 65 litre aquaone tank. So it coverts to 17g.

Aww man. Oh well. This tanks is still gonna be suuuuuper rad

Hi yes me following this too:D May i ask how are you going to filter the tank? Lighting? Good luck and as you probably have already guessed this is going to be one popular thread(y)
Me now sat looking at our TV in the lounge wondering if anybody would notice if it had fish inside:ROFLMAO:

This is going to be awesome. Mumma, you always come up with the coolest tanks! LOL

This sounds really awesome!!

I have no idea what the tv looks like inside or anything, but what if you made a platform at the bottom of the tv with 2 by 4's? So the tank is higher and you won't see the water line. But maybe you'll see the wood, I dunno. Just an idea :)

Definitely following this build!

stingrays4 said:
Hi yes me following this too:D May i ask how are you going to filter the tank? Lighting? Good luck and as you probably have already guessed this is going to be one popular thread(y)
Me now sat looking at our TV in the lounge wondering if anybody would notice if it had fish inside:ROFLMAO:

At the moment I have a canister filter on the tank. I'm thinking of swapping it for a HOB that will fit inside the TV and hang off the side of the tank out of view. The same with the heater. It should fit on the side of the tank that's hidden.
Hubby's an auto electrician so has access to led lighting used on trucks and boats. The plan is to use them because they take up less room (and are waterproof) then the standard t8 I have on the tank at the moment. I want them to grow low light plants so I'll have to do some research to see if they are suitable.

I can see from the replies! Let's hope I don't stuff it up now. Lol :ROFLMAO:

George9 said:
This sounds really awesome!!

I have no idea what the tv looks like inside or anything, but what if you made a platform at the bottom of the tv with 2 by 4's? So the tank is higher and you won't see the water line. But maybe you'll see the wood, I dunno. Just an idea :)

Definitely following this build!

Thanks :) we haven't seen the inside yet but I'm guessing we are going to have to reinforce the bottom of the TV with something anyway. It's made of chipboard by the looks of it.

Back
Top Bottom