My 2nd DIY Reactor!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptnIgnit

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK, here is the wording on how I did it.

roughtly based off of the one here:
http://www.aquaticscape.com/articles/co2reactor.htm

Grab some PVC tubing (I chose black), 2 reducers, 2 hose barbs (I believe they are for a 3/8th's). I have a few other things, hose barb elbows and the like, but you can find those in the same area at home depot. Just get what you need to rig it the way you want.

I also happen to have the water pump/powerhead that came with the red sea CO2 setup I got a long time ago. I just used that in combination with all the necessary tubing and what not.

For my spray bar I just grabbed a small 6" tube and the corresponding cap. I believe the tubbing is 1/2" diameter. But it was whatever is in the sprinkler system area of Home Depot. That is also where I found all the elbows and hose barb adapters at.

I made the suction cup mounting out of some special zip ties that have a hole above them for putting a screw through. Then I just screwed into some spare suction cups I had around. Obviously you need a fairly short screw so you don't go all the way through the suction cup.

EDIT: forgot to say, this is a 10g I'm current cycling, hence why the lack of much in the way of plants (go Anacharis! eat that ammonia!).

Well pictures speak a 1000 words so here they are:

(sorry for the crappy camera phone res...)
photo090806001vn7.jpg

photo090806002ce6.jpg

photo090806003sn0.jpg

photo090806004cf0.jpg

photo090806005qq8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom