My 30 Gallon Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenAngel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am setting up a new 30 gallon tank so this will just be my journal for it. I got the tank on craigslist with a stand, 70 aqua clear filter, hood, rock, and sand for $50. Sooo, I shall keep everyone updated on it's progress!!! Let me know what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408418969.756712.jpg

This was the ad, it had a lot more algae than the picture shows! I should have taken a picture of it but never thought to before I attacked it with bleach and scrubbies!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408419080.677461.jpg

After scrubbing...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408419503.927264.jpg

And as of now with my wood, I'm waiting for plants to come in still :)

I am setting up a new 30 gallon tank so this will just be my journal for it. I got the tank on craigslist with a stand, 70 aqua clear filter, hood, rock, and sand for $50. Sooo, I shall keep everyone updated on it's progress!!! Let me know what you think!

I LOVE Craigslist deals. Good find!

Thanks! I couldn't believe my luck, everything works too! I just need new inserts for the filter, bought driftwood, plants, and new sand bought it's nothing I wouldn't have bought anyway!

Yes, a mix, I'm going to collage next year and wanted to keep super easy for my parents to maintain without needing to add fertilizer and stuff, until I can get it. The swords had some issues when I had to break down the tank and I almost killed them... They are under the arch cut back really small. They are finally growing back, and thanks!!!

I'll probably pull out one of the large fake plants when the swords are big again. Right now they are all stems!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411557309.124258.jpg

Introducing my new fishy, the tank so far

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411557347.718853.jpg

Beautiful design. I love it. Thanks for sharing and inspiring. What are your water parameters? Equipment?

Back
Top Bottom