My DIY stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMagic

Aquarium Advice Freak
here a look at my stand i build. after waiting almost a whole month for my krig jig to come i finlly got it the other day, finlly got my lumber pocked together.

stand is made out of 2 by 3.
there a 3 lvl as you can see. top is 48"
middle is 44 and bottom is 40.
im using this stand for a 20 long on top
two 10 gallon in the middle and maybe another 10 at the bottom if not maybe a 5.5 gallon.

this stand was made to hold 2 10gallon in the middle which = to 40" by adding 4" to it it leave space between each tank just what i need. in the long run if i wanna remove the 20 long ill replace it with a tank that = to 48" L and 13" W.

Stand [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Dimensions
L- 48"
W- 13"
H- 30"

all it need is the plywood and some more lumber add to the middle part n bottom to hold, ill add the plywood to the stand on sat-day. DAY OFF
[/FONT]

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 121
Not the best stand but cheap n simple to make.
It's for the basement so there really no need to make it look nice.

Hit it with some spray paint and it'll look fine. I built something similar for my 40B recently.

i been having tooth pain for a month now, heavnt got anything done to the stand yet. this pain just wont go away, but getting better slowly. the Dimensions for L is 2 inch shorter by putting 4 small leg in the middle as see in the pic, its cutting the L by 4 inch. so now 2 10's wont fit in the middle. so what i did was remove the small legs. but still the bottom wont fit 2 10"s. it will fit 1 10 and 1 5.5. the top Dimensions for W is only 12 not 13, 1inch short which make the 20 long poping out on the side about an inch only.

i tho i got this stand Dimensions all right but i guess i rush through it and mess up the Dimensions a bit.

if i lay a plywood on top making it 4inch(W) and 2inch(L) the 20 will fit.

i made the stand from using a hand SAW n with only a lilo brain on tool working i made 2 stand so far.

Back
Top Bottom