My DIY Stand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here is a pic of my DIY (well, my husband actually built it) stand! Its 74x14x31 for my 90 gallon.
We used the garf plans as a reference, a few mods were made. Were not planning on wrapping it in wood for now. I'm going to hang some fabric around it, and if it looks alright, probably keep it that way (alot lighter!)
As you can see, its already become a crap collector :roll:
The whole thing cost around 50-60 bucks, so I'm happy with it :D

Attachments

• new_stand.jpg
    new_stand.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 288
The fabric will indeed make it easily accessable. Hopefully your cats wont end up liking to hide out under there and nock things over.

Looks very nice!

One question and a comment. Is that MDF/Particle board as the top surface? If it is, be sure to seal that completely. It has a bad habbit of quickly absorbing water, and swelling. If you get a bad swell under the edge of your tank it can cause a stress crack or worse. I would suggest a couple coats of a good polyurithaine, no matter how it's spelled. :wink:

Yes its mdf. Were going to put a layer of clear plastic and staple on the bottom. The stuff you can get at the fabric store usually for table cloths. Weve used it on a dresser we have a tank on and it keeps the water off great.
I was going to seal it, but this seems easier :D
Were also going to try to kitty-proof the bottom as best we can. :D

Back
Top Bottom