My light is 12 inches longer then my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colemanburns

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anything I can do? Make some sort of stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I gotta agree with Delapool here... You simply need a bigger tank man.

What type of light is it? I mean technically there should be higher PAR there with it being longer. Can you sell it and get another one? I ran a 48" LED on my 30" 20g for like 5 months hahaha... Looks like crap but you use what you have.

I gotta agree with Delapool here... You simply need a bigger tank man.

What type of light is it? I mean technically there should be higher PAR there with it being longer. Can you sell it and get another one? I ran a 48" LED on my 30" 20g for like 5 months hahaha... Looks like crap but you use what you have.

lol - couldn't resist. Over to yourself for better solutions. Not an expert on lights.

Very nice!

Meanwhile at a lfs near me in Perth, Australia; the shelves have been upgraded from T8s to the 'new fangled' T5s.... well maybe not that bad but certainly not those LED light options.

LEDs are just to make the coral pop and growth with more colors. You still need fluorescent if you want more than an inch a year on some corals. Don't get me wrong there's great LED systems but they'd all be so so so much better with the support of T5 or T12.

Obviously LEDs do more than just make the coral pop and color up haha but you know what I mean I think lol

LEDs are just to make the coral pop and growth with more colors. You still need fluorescent if you want more than an inch a year on some corals. Don't get me wrong there's great LED systems but they'd all be so so so much better with the support of T5 or T12.

Obviously LEDs do more than just make the coral pop and color up haha but you know what I mean I think lol

Pretty sure there are a few members growing insane corals on strictly led panels?? Could be wrong though.. 165 watt dimmable panels perhaps??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The tank is a 36" FW and the light is a 48" dual T5 (guessing NO and not HO). Got that from duplicate post from the OP.
I would suspend it for the time being. Chains/wire to the ceiling or to wall brackets. Or mount wall brackets above the tank and rest the light on that. Or grow houseplants next to the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pretty sure there are a few members growing insane corals on strictly led panels?? Could be wrong though.. 165 watt dimmable panels perhaps??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I love my corals in my LED only tanks... I notice in my tanks with metal halides and florescent bulbs the corals grow quicker and expand more fully. Under LEDs the corals are growing specifically towards the LED diode and you can see them reaching for the light source.

I did not mean to say it couldn't be done with LED, sorry you took it that way.

Back
Top Bottom