My "rock" project`

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would have been a good idea. I wish I knew that last week! LOL! I' m done cementing the wall so I guess I'll just cross my fingers now and hope I get it siliconed heavy enough the the floor and walls so it doesn't float away!

awesome! Can't wait to see it.

One last alternative to silicone. At the end of my video I showed what I did. I'm not sure if it will work for yours but might be just what you need since its not a background.

I cemented some iron weights to the bases of my "rocks" and it worked out very well.

DIY ROCK FORMATIONS FOR MY FRESHWATER AQUARIUM - YouTube

awesome! Can't wait to see it.

One last alternative to silicone. At the end of my video I showed what I did. I'm not sure if it will work for yours but might be just what you need since its not a background.

I cemented some iron weights to the bases of my "rocks" and it worked out very well.

DIY ROCK FORMATIONS FOR MY FRESHWATER AQUARIUM - YouTube

I just watched your video. Great idea! I'll have to see what I can find for some weight. Maybe my brother has some old weights out in his shop I can use!! Hmmm, I might have to go visit!! Thanks!

Andrew, do you think even though my "rocks" are pretty rough looking that it will be OK like that? My second coat of crete got pretty thick on me. I don't want to injure any fish who might rub up against it. (I'm assuming you saw my finished picture)

Andrew, do you think even though my "rocks" are pretty rough looking that it will be OK like that? My second coat of crete got pretty thick on me. I don't want to injure any fish who might rub up against it. (I'm assuming you saw my finished picture)

Looks good to me :) I doubt anyone will get hurt by it. The only problem when it drys like that and you put it on is it cracks

I have noticed a couple of small cracks. Do I need to recement those spots (they are only noticable to me) or will it be OK? Will exposed stirofoam hurt the fish?

Good. I was worried about what to do. They won't show but I wanted to make sure that it was safe. I'll get them siliconed in the tank this week sometime and then start filling and draining the tank until my test readings look OK. Then I finally get to add plants and start cycling. I'm too excited! Oh, how long should I let them set up with silicone before start filling with water? I'm glad you're here to answer all my questions!!

I don't remember, I went by what the silicone said and ended up waiting a few more hours to be safe. Make sure you load that thing up with silicone though, you'll need a few tubes by the looks of it.

That's funny because on someone's background article, maybe yours, they said that if you thought you needed 2 tubes, buy 4, so that's what I did! I hope 4 is enough. Once I do one half, if it looks like i'll need more, I'll just run down to Lowe's.

That's funny because on someone's background article, maybe yours, they said that if you thought you needed 2 tubes, buy 4, so that's what I did! I hope 4 is enough. Once I do one half, if it looks like i'll need more, I'll just run down to Lowe's.

It was mine I can't really tell how big it is in the picture so I was just guessing. I think I used 8 total tubes might have been 9. But that was for the whole process

My wall is about 3 1/2' long and 16" tall. I'm betting I'll use more than 4 tubes. Probably more like 6-8. Right now I'm cleaning the tank and flushing it out. My only problem is that I bought an Aqeon vacuum and it doesn't fit any of my faucets. My faucets are too new and don't unscrew to fit the hose adapter. I'm having to use buckets! :banghead:

My wall is about 3 1/2' long and 16" tall. I'm betting I'll use more than 4 tubes. Probably more like 6-8. Right now I'm cleaning the tank and flushing it out. My only problem is that I bought an Aqeon vacuum and it doesn't fit any of my faucets. My faucets are too new and don't unscrew to fit the hose adapter. I'm having to use buckets! :banghead:

It's possible that the faucet aerator needs a special tool. I've noticed that lately with new faucets that I've installed.

It's possible that the faucet aerator needs a special tool. I've noticed that lately with new faucets that I've installed.

That figures! That sounds like a "guy" project. I might have to wait for my Dad to get unbusy so I can call him over for help. My teenage son's not into helping me with this aquarium stuff. He thinks I'm a little insane for starting this! LOL!!

Just looked at your rock wall. That looks awesome! Great job. If my angels hadn't started breeding I wouldn't have spent my resources on setting up to raise the fry, I would have been doing a wall like this.

Just looked at your rock wall. That looks awesome! Great job. If my angels hadn't started breeding I wouldn't have spent my resources on setting up to raise the fry, I would have been doing a wall like this.

Thanks! I'm ready to get it all done so I can start putting fish in the tank. I love angel fish. You'll have to post some pictures of the fry. I don't think I've ever seen "babies" before.

Thanks! I'm ready to get it all done so I can start putting fish in the tank. I love angel fish. You'll have to post some pictures of the fry. I don't think I've ever seen "babies" before.

I have been keeping a pic diary if you would in my albums. I just started so there's not much yet but the parents and the first spawn

WOW! You have a serious setup!! I thought I was doing good with one 55 gal and one 5 gal!! LOL!!! I'm pretty sure that would be a full time job for me!

WOW! You have a serious setup!! I thought I was doing good with one 55 gal and one 5 gal!! LOL!!! I'm pretty sure that would be a full time job for me!

I would love to have a 4' tank in my living room. Maybe next house. I am busy enough with trying to get my setup complete. Looking forward to seeing yours up and running

Back
Top Bottom