Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

My wall is about 3 1/2' long and 16" tall. I'm betting I'll use more than 4 tubes. Probably more like 6-8. Right now I'm cleaning the tank and flushing it out. My only problem is that I bought an Aqeon vacuum and it doesn't fit any of my faucets. My faucets are too new and don't unscrew to fit the hose adapter. I'm having to use buckets!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thursyanna View Post
My wall is about 3 1/2' long and 16" tall. I'm betting I'll use more than 4 tubes. Probably more like 6-8. Right now I'm cleaning the tank and flushing it out. My only problem is that I bought an Aqeon vacuum and it doesn't fit any of my faucets. My faucets are too new and don't unscrew to fit the hose adapter. I'm having to use buckets!
It's possible that the faucet aerator needs a special tool. I've noticed that lately with new faucets that I've installed.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karay View Post
It's possible that the faucet aerator needs a special tool. I've noticed that lately with new faucets that I've installed.
That figures! That sounds like a "guy" project. I might have to wait for my Dad to get unbusy so I can call him over for help. My teenage son's not into helping me with this aquarium stuff. He thinks I'm a little insane for starting this! LOL!!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just looked at your rock wall. That looks awesome! Great job. If my angels hadn't started breeding I wouldn't have spent my resources on setting up to raise the fry, I would have been doing a wall like this.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karay View Post
Just looked at your rock wall. That looks awesome! Great job. If my angels hadn't started breeding I wouldn't have spent my resources on setting up to raise the fry, I would have been doing a wall like this.
Thanks! I'm ready to get it all done so I can start putting fish in the tank. I love angel fish. You'll have to post some pictures of the fry. I don't think I've ever seen "babies" before.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Thanks! I'm ready to get it all done so I can start putting fish in the tank. I love angel fish. You'll have to post some pictures of the fry. I don't think I've ever seen "babies" before.
I have been keeping a pic diary if you would in my albums. I just started so there's not much yet but the parents and the first spawn
Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

WOW! You have a serious setup!! I thought I was doing good with one 55 gal and one 5 gal!! LOL!!! I'm pretty sure that would be a full time job for me!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
WOW! You have a serious setup!! I thought I was doing good with one 55 gal and one 5 gal!! LOL!!! I'm pretty sure that would be a full time job for me!
I would love to have a 4' tank in my living room. Maybe next house. I am busy enough with trying to get my setup complete. Looking forward to seeing yours up and running

Tags
project, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com