My Turn....250 gallon SW preadator tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kngsht420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok finally setting this thing up. I bought this about 3 months ago for $100. the only problem was that the bottom was cracked.So what i did to fix this was stick a custom cut peice of 3/8" tempered glass made,and stuck it on the top of the other peice. Well I filled it and let sit for a month now and not one leak thankfully.

Now the stand was a lil beat up so i put my wood work to the test. All the trim was loose and scratched so i decided to make my own. I think i did an ok job with it. here are befor and after pics

Now i had a 55gallon cichlid tank that i traded all of my stock and filters for a new 1600gph pump. i kept the tank and im gonna make that my refugium.I plan on starting on that Monday.

Now down to my question. I wanna make this a predator tank with my stock list including
-bannana wrasse
-lionfish
-bamboo cat shark
- zebra moray eel
- Arothron Blue/White Puffer
- Clown Trigger
Blue Spotted Grouper
Yellow Angler Fish

will this list work and also can i put some kind of cleaner crew in here.
i plan on having about 200lbs of live rock and about a 3-4" layer of live sand
any answers or suggestions appreciated thanx in advance

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 140
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 170
Wow! I know all of those fish get really big, hopefully ur tank has enough room for them all, it should. Really looking forward to pictures when you get the tank set up and everyone in!

Your fine as well as tank size, however the zebra moray eel is pushing it IMO. If you want to ever see the moray go for the full 250 lbs of LR, if not more. Also I hope you know the "yellow" trigger fish won't stay yellow for long, their color changes with their surrounding. I have no idea on how these creatures would react to one another, so I'll leave that question for someone else. Good luck.

yea i was thinking of getting more LR maybe ill suck it up and get an extra 60 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom