Nano Remora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biotoxin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's my nano remora i made for my 10g. Everything was basically hand made except for some plastic champagne glasses i cut off the stems for the pipes in the collection cup. Any questions, just ask :)

lots of micro bubbles right now. The water coming out of the pipe hits the top water and it doesnt help either. I basically put some of a poly filter bag over the outlet and that stopped it. Goin to home depot now to find a 3/4" cap that ill cut and just put the foam in there and put it over the outlet. Other than that its skimming great. Already have about 1/2" of green sludge and larger chunks on the sides.

Thanks for the compliments :) . Im just glad its done i was consumed with it for too long, and my wife was getting pissed that i love it more than her :) . Little does she know i still have to tweak it to get rid of the micro bubbles but that shouldnt be too hard. Only problem is i have to find a new diy project now. Maybe a unique refugium next :) Here's an updated pic after 12 hours of skimming my 10g nano, cant believe the crap this thing is pulling out, i love it :)

ya the spray injection is easy. I just used a 1/2" cap on the end of a 90 degree elbow, drilled a hole in it and thats it. I also have other nozzles ill try later that i made. The thickness is 3/16th's.

Nice work, I'm looking to built a small sump sys for my 15gals FO SW tank, but can't seem to find lots of thing like where can I get Acrylic and so on, and perhap a basic dimension for the overflow.
Thx

i got all my acrylic from tap plastics, i duno if there's one near you or not. If not call a local acrylic or plastics shop its not that much to have 3/16th's acrylic cut. Also use Weldon for the gluing.

This may seem like a dumb question, but I was wondering what the nano remora does exactly and if it was for FW or SW.

Its a protein skimmer and its for salt water tanks. It removes the detritus (fish crap) and other particulate from the water. They adhere to the bubbles floating upward then when they pop it goes in the collection cup and cleaner water goes back into the tank. It doesnt work on FW because the lack of salt wont make micro bubbles in fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom