need help building sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reyjgd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys IM currently looking for advice help and/or opinions on building a sump ..... I got a 75g Tank and I would b using a 25g as a sump ... I seen slot of threads and YouTube videos on it and to b honest im kind of nervous about it .... As in what pump to use to return the water back on the tank .... Anyways anything will help at this point so thanks in advance !!

What is the distance the water will have to be pumped back to the DT from the sump? if the sump will just be sitting underneath the DT then I would recommend going with an internal pump so you dont have to worry about drilling your sump. the majority of internal return pumps for that size system should have no problem handling the height.

angel50 said:
What is the distance the water will have to be pumped back to the DT from the sump? if the sump will just be sitting underneath the DT then I would recommend going with an internal pump so you dont have to worry about drilling your sump. the majority of internal return pumps for that size system should have no problem handling the height.

It's.gonna b right underneath im guessing I would need a pump rig gt ? I seen a couple vids and I.think I should go with the rio + 250

I'm in the process of building a 30 long for my 75 gallon... Here is my layout and baffles. Baffles are 9" high, the first chamber will be the in with protein skimmer, fuge in chamber 2, and return in the last chamber

image-2437366650.jpg

Sorry meant to attach this. Anyways, I'm going to run an Eheim compact 2000+ pump for the return and run it around 300 gph so water doesn't blow right by the skimmer.

Benamayer said:
Sorry meant to attach this. Anyways, I'm going to run an Eheim compact 2000+ pump for the return and run it around 300 gph so water doesn't blow right by the skimmer.

Oh I c it u gonna throw the sand in the.middle ?

Yes sand and live rock, and probably some chaeto or other macro for nitrate control. This will all be in the middle chamber along with 2- 150 watt heaters laid down. The fuge measured about 16" long, so there's a decent amount of stuff I could pack in there for a 30 gallon...

Benamayer said:
Yes sand and live rock, and probably some chaeto or other macro for nitrate control. This will all be in the middle chamber along with 2- 150 watt heaters laid down. The fuge measured about 16" long, so there's a decent amount of stuff I could pack in there for a 30 gallon...

Should I throw done buffers in there or not my tank is all natural so im indecisive with that ....also I'll b making my own skimmer ...so idk if to either throw the hang on in or actually make my own

skimdes2.gif

Reyjgd said:
Should I throw done buffers in there or not my tank is all natural so im indecisive with that ....also I'll b making my own skimmer ...so idk if to either throw the hang on in or actually make my own

That's awesome you're making your own skimmer btw!

Benamayer said:
Buffers? Do u mean baffles?
Coraline buffer I got a couple of spots on my rocks natural but after reading up on it it soundbites a pain in the ..... Lol and yea I decided on making my own skimmer after seen an add of a guy selling the exact same.one I got on blue prints for 200 dollars 0.0

ForumRunner_20121127_213943.jpg

Back
Top Bottom