Need help for my 180 gallon tank build..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lithurgus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently i have build my 180 gallon aquarium its 6 feet long and same is under curing process n i havent filled it with water.. but there is an issue that one of the side panel is not at 90° angel and is approx 2 to 3 cm inwards.. so i request you to all the experienced guys to pls suggest me what i have to do.. i havent braced the tank from bottom n top which will be my nxt activity n same will be euro braced... so im thinking to brace the aquarium from outside as well to minimize the defect.. resealing is the last option that i am considering that it takes so much time n efforts...

So i request u all to please share ur valuable advice with me regarding the same that what else i can do now to minimize future problems related to the concerned defect ....

Thnx in advance to all the wellwishers....

Well! I would find really nice wood branches (log look) knotty pine, cedar, walnut, what ever color you like. Then cut groves in them to place them on all 4 edges (seams) top to bottom.Or make a frame edging around the whole tank(top, bottom, sides and corners) there's lots of ways around it. Simple trim work, nice wielded frame. Just when you do it, make that top side alittle thicker to make it look strait. Or could just build it into a wall. [emoji4]

So, I'm new to the building process but this makes me wonder. Isn't it just a knife cut for the silicone x 3 sides, straighten the glass, resilicone it, and be done? Maybe I'm missing something..?

So, I'm new to the building process but this makes me wonder. Isn't it just a knife cut for the silicone x 3 sides, straighten the glass, resilicone it, and be done? Maybe I'm missing something..?
^^ plus 1 ^^
I have seen many wracked tanks at the $ per gallon sale..Even at that price I passed..
I have a 180 and would not be happy if the corner edges did not line up..
For the price I would not build my own glass tank either so?

Panel is 2 to 3 cm inwards in breadth from bottom side...
images%20(2).png

I have already build many tanks for my friends n for my ownself but they r not as that big n this is the very first tym m facing such issue... if i fail then it will b my experience n nxt tym all the edges will b at 90°... i know very well where i made the mistake during build but i just want to rectify my mistake with any best possible method other than resealing or if not then definitely ill reseal the same by satisfying my self that i frgt my wallet somewhere having money worth the silicone tubes....

Well! I would find really nice wood branches (log look) knotty pine, cedar, walnut, what ever color you like. Then cut groves in them to place them on all 4 edges (seams) top to bottom.Or make a frame edging around the whole tank(top, bottom, sides and corners) there's lots of ways around it. Simple trim work, nice wielded frame. Just when you do it, make that top side alittle thicker to make it look strait. Or could just build it into a wall. [emoji4]
Defects needs to be corrected not to be hidden.. ur suggestion is pretty cool n many thnx for the same but what u have suggested is make over rather than solution.. anyway thanx fr ur tym n reply[emoji106]

Defects needs to be corrected not to be hidden.. ur suggestion is pretty cool n many thnx for the same but what u have suggested is make over rather than solution.. anyway thanx fr ur tym n reply[emoji106]
I suggested hiding it, only because you said " without resealing it." To correct it, the only thing you can and should do, (what I would do) is redo that side, reseal it. There's nothing else you can do if you want to correct it. Besides, if you don't, you will most likely have problems in the future ( even bigger problems). The silicone will give away with that much of a gap in between the glass, cause there's just silicone with alot of water weight (once you get it set up) and if the glass was cut wrong, then I'd cut whatever is out set and re silicone it. If you do it right the first time you won't have to do it again. [emoji6]

I suggested hiding it, only because you said " without resealing it." To correct it, the only thing you can and should do, (what I would do) is redo that side, reseal it. There's nothing else you can do if you want to correct it. Besides, if you don't, you will most likely have problems in the future ( even bigger problems). The silicone will give away with that much of a gap in between the glass, cause there's just silicone with alot of water weight (once you get it set up) and if the glass was cut wrong, then I'd cut whatever is out set and re silicone it. If you do it right the first time you won't have to do it again. [emoji6]
U r quite right n i appreciate ur advice... after all mistakes remind us that v belong 2 homo sapiens..

Anyway i m also thinking of resealing n try to avoid the mistake that i already made

Thnx again 4 ur tym n advice

Back
Top Bottom