Need Help with DIY Hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey The problem is all my aquariums besides one I bought or gotten already used. So none of them came with hoods or lights. So I check out prices and a hood for a 5, 10, 20 long, and 60 gallon high would cost me a lot of money. Which i'm on a budget because im only 16 lol. So anyways I need to know a good DIY hood plan. I have lights of all of them almost just no hoods so this will save me a lot of money. I need a hood that I can still sit my light ontop of aswell. Anyone have ideas?

Do you mean a canopy or just a cover?

Is there a reason you need one? I run all but 1 of my tanks open top, as long as your lighting can be made to not fall in, that's all you need.

The being said, have you looked at versa-tops at F&S? Glass tops that aren't all that expensive.

Do you mean a canopy or just a cover?

Is there a reason you need one? I run all but 1 of my tanks open top, as long as your lighting can be made to not fall in, that's all you need.

The being said, have you looked at versa-tops at F&S? Glass tops that aren't all that expensive.

Yeah I was just lookin for a cover so my water would evaporate so fast. I might just buy some of those versa tops since the light still shines threw them good.

Back
Top Bottom