New 155 Bow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonzo1683

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey I'm about to get my hands on a 155 bow tank. My only problem is finding a stand for it. So at this point in my search I realize I need to custom build this thing anyone know where to find a good guide on building a stand this big?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks..for now I'm gonna do FW. Not sure how heavy the tank itself is from what I heard its light.

Oops my bad I've posted things in another thread instead of this one... Anyway

What should I stock the tank with?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417987165.381298.jpg

Gonna go fresh water.. Just gotta stain the cabinet and clean the tank a bit.. I'm hoping for community fish but something that gets to a decent size

Do heavy plantings and some nice angels or discus! Then german blue rams (all girls or 3 pairs) and a huge school of rummynose or cardinal tetras, as in 30 plus or two schools or 20 plus each. Either a big group of otos or some of the cories that like heat more. I believe false Juliis fit the bill.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Looks awesome!

Emerald had great suggestions, dreamy tank! I'd go Discus /Cardinals! WOW, pretty exciting options for such an amazing tank! If I found one I might have to get it! ;)

Oh also, on scraping the tank I would advise creating a triangle pointing towards the front with your hardscape, slightly off center with about 2/3 on the right and 1/3 on the left. Pull the hardscape to a high point in each corner and make it gradually lower towards the point of the triangle. Anubias nana and moss on wood would make a pretty, flowing tank with very dense plants (nothing val-like) carpeting bottom and walls. A green, live background for beautiful fish!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Thanks I'll try my hardest to make u all proud :)

Just make sure YOU love it because making a tank for others is only partially rewarding, lol! When you love it, it is awesome every day, all the time!(y)

Oh I'm already enjoying it and it's still empty lol.. Hopefully tomorrow I'll Be able to start cleaning and filling it

I bought some natural colored gravel but my brother had a good point what about river rocks from like lowes couldn't I use that? Or would I have to boil it before using it?

Well so far I placed the gold fish that came with the 155 back into the tank. they will be good to cycle it. Once it's cycled I'll place my fish that I actually want in there.
Maybe in the summer I'll pass the goldfish along to friends or even a pet shop I may just keep one only cause it has a nice white tail.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418649552.575556.jpg

Can I make this tank heavily planted without a co2 kit? I am afraid I will overdo the co2 with the kit and they are also expensive.

To utilize CO2 fully you need strong light. Lighting a bow front isn't that easy unless you ignore the bow. Yes , there are lots of plants that will flourish without CO2. Look for low light plants such as Annubias, Cryptocorynes, Java fern, and most mosses. As well some swords do well with moderate light and can be potted to help nourish them.

Ok cool I really didn't wanna use co2 my lighting I think is pretty good I'm not worried about lighting up the bow front part but it does get some light I'm using a Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light I inly have 1 and it does decent job at lighting up the whole tank, I'm not gonna hang it so it sits on top of the tank.. But would I be able to do moss if I go that route

So I got my 155 up and running I think it's still cycling I had gold fish in it to help it out.. It's been like 3 days and I decided today to add my fish well who guessed a kuhli loach could squeeze into this area ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419050454.993952.jpg

So any ideas on how to get it out or will it ever get out.. I blocked the other side with rocks so the other won't find its way into it hopefully this one will pop out n I can cover this up with rocks too

Back
Top Bottom