New 55 gal..use egg crate under sand or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathers_hounds

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have done some searches on the topic but still not really sure if I should use it or not. I plan on stocking with angelfish or cichlids, either way I will use some rocks and plants if go with angelfish. I will also be painting the background with acrylic craft paint. Just haven't decided on black or blue. The blue I picked up is cobalt blue. Anyone use that shade with CaribSea Instant Aquarium Moonlight Sand Gravel? Call me crazy but I am working on 2 tanks at once, lol. 55 gal brand new, and the 100 gal I have been trying to get up and running for about 4 years now. I finally have fish in it but I def am not thru with the aquascaping. I think I would have used the egg crate in my 100 gal cichlid, just don't know if I want to do it now that sand is already in. So.. before I add the sand to the 55 I would appreciate advice. Pros & Cons. Thanks!

OH! I do know that angelfish are Cichlids. lol I'm just not use to calling them that

Back
Top Bottom