New DIY for new to the Hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janssenjr84

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a whim and broke out the old 55 a few months back and it just didn't seem as spectacular as when i first got it a few years ago. well i craigslist-ed a cheap 180 but it was very scratched. tried the cerium oxide polish and no luck. so i decided to just replace the front. in the process of removing the panels chipped and then broke a side.long story short I ended up getting three new sides and siliconed together my first aquarium. Now its up and running and i kinda surprised myself and wanna show it off a bit.:brows:

Attachments

• SAM_0158.jpg
    SAM_0158.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 154
  • SAM_0159.jpg
    SAM_0159.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 146
  • SAM_0160.jpg
    SAM_0160.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 144
  • SAM_0161.jpg
    SAM_0161.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 179
The rest

this is the sump and what we now have for a tank in the living room

Attachments

• SAM_0163.jpg
    SAM_0163.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 132
  • SAM_0180.jpg
    SAM_0180.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 149
  • SAM_0205.jpg
    SAM_0205.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 164
Nicely done!!! Tank looks great!! I'd consider swapping the couch stock for something a bit more aquatic;)

I am very proud. It was a long process of repair between work and family and the tank. The wife is happy, the kids love it... I'm good with that!

And thanks to everyone for the confidence boost on here. You guys are great and a big help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nicely done!!! Tank looks great!! I'd consider swapping the couch stock for something a bit more aquatic;)

I here you on that lol. Started putting in fish and few days later had those on the couch. Tried everything and can't get rid of it!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom