New fish house build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRcichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all,

in the next month or so i will be building a fish house. my dad has had a 6x10 foot shed in his garage for a while but its still unpacked so its new and he said i could have it. would that be big enough as a small fish house.

i want to house 6 x 2ft tanks and 8 x 3ft tanks .

i will be insulating it and finishing it with cladding . aswell as installing some sort of electricity supply. my dad does electrics i dont .

should be biog enough right ? ? any help or tipsd would be great

Independent power supply.
Temperature control, humidity control.
Insulation aim for 120 mm thick overall wall thickness, the thickness of high end outbuildings.
I used 75mm cavity, cost being the reason.
See DIY tank stand pics in DIY.
You or somebody must be able to calculate the space needed on site, guessing online I would say be careful. Find an engineer or carpenter.
Follow link to Flickr page, all construction pics have a brief but concise paragraph.
Connection to the meter must be carried out by a qualified electrician.
Armoured cable, thickness depends on distance to meter, other options available.
Roof, thickness as per walls, insulated.
Floor, concrete mix.
Door, airtight, you will waste heat.
Without heating system it is impossible to maintain stable tank temperature. Tested.

It's all still fresh, my mind has done little else for twelve months of planning.

You must be capable of overseeing the project or outsource.

Consider safe disposal of waste water, polluting or contaminating the environment is very bad practice, environmental agency will put you before a judge, I had a conversation which I have ceased because of environmental factors I wish to have no part in.

Back
Top Bottom