New Fish Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OBCJY

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just thought I would share.
Well I'm just about complete with the build out of the Fish Room.
Waiting on one more 55 to finish it off and that will be done in the next couple weeks.

The room when completed will have the following:
All Freshwater
3-55g
3-29g
1-60g
2-10g (Hospital and Quarintine)

55s all have a canister filter XP/M and if needed another canister or HOB
29s all have a Emperor 400 w/Bio Wheel
60 has a XP/M and a Emperor 400
I have added a sponge filter to the 55s and 29s
Also have Air Stone (Wide) in each tank
Air Pump is a JEHMCO - LPH45
Lighting is Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED on all tanks
Jager Heaters on all tanks
Glass Versa tops on all tanks

Room:
Tiled floor
In room Sink
Mold guard Dry wall
Humidity controled exhaust fan
2-20A - 24 Outlet - Power Strips behind tanks
Custom Built Rack tied in to Ceiling and built with all wieght resting on Wood support from top to floor (not just on nails)
In the basement, so the Window is in-direct light and temp is pretty constant year around

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 173
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 179
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 163
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 154
Some before build pictures

Attachments

• build1.jpg
    build1.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 156
  • build2.jpg
    build2.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 156
  • build3.jpg
    build3.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 155
Picture of the Airpump mounted up high and routed to a diffuser and then to the metal lever valves. I can control the airflow to each device from the diffuser.
The JEHMCO pump requires at least 12 connections as that is how is displaces the heat. This pump gives me a lot of room to grow. It is also very quiet cannot even hear it.

Attachments

• Airpump.jpg
    Airpump.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 184
The Angel Fish in the 10 gallon tank on the left in one of the pictures is being medicated right now as he is basucly blind and his eye fungus started to come back.

When he was young he ended up with eye issues and I think can only see light and dark. He still gets around, but bumps into things once in awhile but otherwise he stays healthly.

Another week and he should be back to his home tank as the eyes are looking better now.

Last edited:
Dude I have got to say that is looking bloody amazing!!! It looks sooo well done! I would love for mode to allow something like this! What fish do you keep? Do you do any breeding?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Anything worth doing is worth doing right... nailed it!!! Nice work man!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have all show tanks and one is Mbuna only, and also a cold water tank for the small pond I have outside and bring the fish in for the winter. Another has some small crabs and a Gourami and some misc community fish. The 60 is a planted tank I'm doing mostly tetras in that one and few other different compatible fish. I will be getting into more advance fish again in the future once I retire but for now not getting to crazy due to time avaiable. We really like the room and all the different types of fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

following. Cannot wait.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom