New tank build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlord97

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was planning on building a tank...only problem is where would be a good place to buy sheets of glass that either delivers or near Chico California. I was planning on around 55-65 gallon. So around 3/8-1/2 inch thick

I can't find the dimensions I want. I want mine long and I wanna just build one to say I built one

Its real easy. I have built several. I don't live close enough to suggest a place. I get mine from Binswanger. They are all over in Texas. I built a 20g cube and it cost around 100. But it was the exact dimensions I needed.

Make sure who ever you get it from sands the edges of the glass.

I called them, they don't have any stores in Cali and don't ship. I would look up local glass shops.

Mlord97 said:
Would home depot or lowes?

I'm not sure about in the states, but here neither place sells sheets of glass in any sizes. All I could find here was plexiglas and that's not going to work for you. Try talking to a window repair place? Sometimes they'll cut you a deal on their "miscuts".

Bige said:
Its real easy. I have built several. I don't live close enough to suggest a place. I get mine from Binswanger. They are all over in Texas. I built a 20g cube and it cost around 100. But it was the exact dimensions I needed.

Make sure who ever you get it from sands the edges of the glass.

100 for a 20g sounds a lot to me, I got a 75 for that, that's what I mean its easier and cheaper to buy

I've built several tanks... local glass stores. Depending on how tall you want to make your tank and if you care about having a brace in the middle you can go with 1/4 inch plate which is pretty standard. Not sure what your dimensions are but 1/4 inch plate can be used up to 18 inchs high with 2 feet unsupported.

I live in the uk and they are cheap here but I had a look on Craigslist for my auntie who lives other in the us and she gets them on there for around 100 if not cheaper

Back
Top Bottom