New Tank...Building the Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really want to but my funding for that trip has quickly gone down....(stock sale was gonna pay for MH lights and Frag swap trip....I have officially lost HALF):uzi:

But the wife says Maybe....
Also just informed me last week..... WE ARE EXPECTING A :n00b: !!!!!!!

Congrats :)

The only thing the swap will cost is the price of gas and admission ($15). You don't have to buy anything, even tho usually at the end you can get some nice deals. People that bring stuff don't like to take it home. ;) Just come for some lunch, see Anthony Calfo's presentation and check out the frags.

Oh..and say Hi!

I just google mapped it. Dude, you are only 1 hr from the swap! That's closer than me...lol

Ok so the doors and drawers are complete and now installed....next is the canopy!!! this has definitely become a long build!!!! new sump pump should be here on tuesday as long as UPS does not throw it around again!!

Attachments

• Fish Tank 082.jpg
    Fish Tank 082.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Fish Tank 084.jpg
    Fish Tank 084.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Fish Tank 083.jpg
    Fish Tank 083.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 69
OK, UPS delivered my pump again today....This one looks ok!! now a trip to Home depot for some plumbing supplies and we will be hooking it all together tonight!!!

thanks Ziggy..... I really am happy with things so far....still have canopy to build and lights to get.......and plumbing things right now!!! starting to come together !!!! I am happy!!!!:D

Ok the transfer has begun and is partially done....the lights and canopy must be completed and will be starting on those projects next. I love all the kind words and hints and tips from everyone!!!
Thank You all!!!!

Attachments

• Fish Tank 098.jpg
    Fish Tank 098.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Fish Tank 103.jpg
    Fish Tank 103.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Fish Tank 110.jpg
    Fish Tank 110.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Fish Tank 111.jpg
    Fish Tank 111.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 67
ok some more on the updated look of tank

this is about 2 weeks with new rock on the right of the pics

Attachments

• Fish Tank 147.jpg
    Fish Tank 147.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 500
  • Fish Tank 129.jpg
    Fish Tank 129.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Fish Tank 172.jpg
    Fish Tank 172.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Fish Tank 149.jpg
    Fish Tank 149.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 275
I have been slow on doing much with the canopy because i needed to make a stand for my 75 cause the old(10+year old) store bought stand was failing and I need to move that to the finished basement to uae as a frag tank....hopefully things will be back on track soon with the canopy and lighting for the 150 tank

OK canopy is Built!!

Ok I must apologize...I forgot to take my camara with me to my friends house to take pics of the build but I will be putting up pics of completed canopy unstaind as of yet.....That is my project for this week.

The question I have now is....should the inside be painted ...(white or black) or Stained ??? Would a white paint be good for reflective light ???

canopy pics

here are the canopy pics

Attachments

• Fish Tank 185.jpg
    Fish Tank 185.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 61
  • Fish Tank 186.jpg
    Fish Tank 186.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Fish Tank 188.jpg
    Fish Tank 188.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 88
  • Fish Tank 190.jpg
    Fish Tank 190.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 58
Looks good. I painted the inside of mine with a couple coats of white Glidden exterior latex.

White reflects better than any other color, but it probably doesn't make a real big difference inside the canopy with reflectors.

Back
Top Bottom