new tank idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

o5otato5o

Aquarium Advice Activist
thinking about building a bigger tank diy style but unsure on the size as of yet (above 80 litre).
i am thinking about a mosaic back and bottom any ideas how i would go about it?. what tiles glass/ceramic and how to bond them grout/silicone or grout then silicone. allso haveing leds around the base multi colour changing. as you can probly guess this is my first build and idea so please be gentle with me :flowers:

acrylic or glass whats the least expensive and easiest to work with ? measurments are length 24 inch hight 15 inch wide 16 inch

Acrylic tanks weigh far less but scratch very easily. Glass is very sturdy and takes a lot to scratch it but weighs a ton compared to acrylic. Those are the main differences. Glass is usually cheaper as well.

thanks what do you think about the mosaic idea what will it adhere to best and what to use glass or ceramic and should i use Silicone or not

Acrylic tanks can scratch easily but they will not scratch given proper cleaning methods. They also offer better clarity.

Back
Top Bottom