Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New tank on laminate flooring

Hi guys, anyone with tank on laminate flooring found them to be ok? I just purchased and filled a new 26 gallon tank in the living room on laminate and there small movement when u walk around just slight flexing in the boards.
Just wondered If other people have had this and found it to settle on over time! Worried as I have a 19 month old son that enjoys looking at the fishes!

Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tanks on Laminate Flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForZiE View Post
Hi guys, anyone with tank on laminate flooring found them to be ok? I just purchased and filled a new 26 gallon tank in the living room on laminate and there small movement when u walk around just slight flexing in the boards.
Just wondered If other people have had this and found it to settle on over time! Worried as I have a 19 month old son that enjoys looking at the fishes!
Hello For...

How are things "across the pond"? I have a 45 gallon tall tank that sit's on a wood type laminate. You just need to go to the local hardware store and pick up some squares of heavy cork with a hard plastic cover to put under the legs of your tank stand (see attached pics).

These floor protectors are inexpensive and work well. The floor covers in the picture are supporting a 450 pound tank. Your 26 gallon tank is half the weight.

B
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130127_003.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	147739   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130127_004.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	147740  

Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a 60 gallon saltwater tank on laminate flooring in my living room. It hasn't been an issue.

I didn't place anything under my stand as it doesn't have the separate legs that would be applying pressure to the flooring, its one piece that sits on the floor.

I do keep towel handy when I'm working on the tank and lay one large one down in front of the tank to prevent any water from hitting the floor. I can't imagine the saltwater being good for the floor.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

It's a wooden cabinet with 4 separate feet so this should throw the weight around more so. It's just maybe because its a bit higher than before that I notice the effects. Good to know others are ok though and cheers for your help.

Across the pond, well where I am at least is wet!!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com