Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
Awesome stand!!!!!!! I love it and I love the darker stain much better also. How bout you come build me a few? Hmm lets see one for a 40 Breeder for my bedroom, you can start with that LOL. Oh and I need a sump stand too. LOL

Great job, can't wait to see how the tank looks on it.

Are you going to do a matching top to house lighting?

75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't have a full tank shot on the stand yet, I'll post that up once the water clears and I'll put that in my 90g build thread.

I do plan on building a matching top on it but not right away. I need to give some time before I spend another chunk of change! The stand alone cost around 250-300 in materials. Hopefully the top won't be anywhere near that much.

I have thought about building stands for people but I don't want the liability in case something goes wrong. I doubt anything will but you never know. Plus I don't think I could make enough money on them to make it worth while considering the amount of time it takes me.

Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow, very impressive stand build! I would like to try something like this myself but I don't have the tools or the space... and probably not the patience.

How much did you put into the lumber? EDIT| Just read your materials cost lol

I like a lighter oak stain myself, but that is just preference and we all have an opinion.

Looks sturdy as a rock and I'm sure it weighs a good bit! Very impressive.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
Very nice, good job. I have to go against the grain though, I like the lighter stain.

zparticle is offline   Reply With Quote

stand, tan, tank stand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com