New to Fish keeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cocobear

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I have had my tank up and running for about 2 months now.

I had it running empty for 3 weeks before I introduced any fish, I am really looking for advice as how to keep the fish I have and keep them well.

For starters my tank is 25 litres and my temp is 74 f, so I am not thinking of homing moby dick. I have in it 5 Danios and 2 platys, I have found that my Platy was pregnant and a young one about 1 cm now is swimming about with ease. On the day we spotted the young fry we also discovered newer fry which where alot smaller, so they have been transferred to a smaller tank for safe keeping how ever some of them decide to brave the foam bubble filter and sadly i'm down to 3. Any advice on how to keep these well?

Also 1 of my Danios is looking pregnant and different from the other 3 so I suspect she is pregnant, I am going to purchase coarse gravel and switch her and a male to the smaller tank when I get my breeding net for the Platy fry as not to endanger them.

What else could I do to enhance or make there environment better for them?

:fish2:

Danios don't get pregnant they lay eggs. This in turn doesn't make them look pregnant, it could be bloating.

As for your fry, if your filter has an intake the fry can get sucked into so you can cover that with nylons. How often and what are you feeding your fry?

Oh my you have all of this in a 6 gal tank? Took me a minute to clue into the size .You need a much bigger tank if this is what you have. Danios shouldn't be in anything less then a 20 and Platy's need at least 10 gal tanks...

Calypso77 said:
Danios don't get pregnant they lay eggs. This in turn doesn't make them look pregnant, it could be bloating.

As for your fry, if your filter has an intake the fry can get sucked into so you can cover that with nylons. How often and what are you feeding your fry?

Danios don't get pregnant they lay eggs? I'm missing something here!

Back
Top Bottom