Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to blipblop Send a message via MSN to blipblop
newbie 29G stand help!

Hey guys! I'm wondering if I can just go into a home depot and ask for all of the wood parts that I will need? I am using the garf builder and just going to follow the guide like that. this will be my first DIY project so wish me luck... I wonder how much money i will save by doing this.

blipblop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
u need to design how u want the stand to look first. if u draw a rough design of what u want it to look like and the height u want it they can help u with the supply list. there are alot of different ways to make it aswell. u could use a 2x4 frame then cover it with plywood or u could do a solid ply style. figure this out first then go to them.

mr funktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Do NOT trust them to cut your wood to exact lengths, unless you want to double check all of their measurements before each cut. They are used to doing quick and dirty approximate cuts.
src is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had my hd do a majority of the major cutting for me, and they did fine. But, as Funk said, sketch out what you are looking for, and bring in your GARF print out. Show the person at hd and tell them what it is for.

They do care about your projects, and are willing to help. If you explain to them what you are trying to do, they will be much more accurate.
75g FW Planted Community; 55g African Cichlid
29g Biocube SW Reef;12g AP Mantis Shrimp/Brittle Star
2 Cats, 2 Dogs, 5 Turtles
MSU Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

29 gallon, stand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com