newbie 29G stand help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blipblop

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys! I'm wondering if I can just go into a home depot and ask for all of the wood parts that I will need? I am using the garf builder and just going to follow the guide like that. this will be my first DIY project so wish me luck... I wonder how much money i will save by doing this.

u need to design how u want the stand to look first. if u draw a rough design of what u want it to look like and the height u want it they can help u with the supply list. there are alot of different ways to make it aswell. u could use a 2x4 frame then cover it with plywood or u could do a solid ply style. figure this out first then go to them.

Do NOT trust them to cut your wood to exact lengths, unless you want to double check all of their measurements before each cut. They are used to doing quick and dirty approximate cuts.

I had my hd do a majority of the major cutting for me, and they did fine. But, as Funk said, sketch out what you are looking for, and bring in your GARF print out. Show the person at hd and tell them what it is for.

They do care about your projects, and are willing to help. If you explain to them what you are trying to do, they will be much more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom