Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zparticle View Post
Yeah I'm sure it would be super expensive. I have had a couple of requests now for help building tank cabinets so I think I'm going to put together a set of instructions on how to make one of these and post here on the site.

I think I can put it together in a way that will only require the person has a power drill. I'll let you know when I post it.
Thanks, maybe if I never have anything to do and want to waste alot of money, I'll try it. LOL

Instructions and pics for dummies would be awesome just in case

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zparticle

Yeah I'm sure it would be super expensive. I have had a couple of requests now for help building tank cabinets so I think I'm going to put together a set of instructions on how to make one of these and post here on the site.

I think I can put it together in a way that will only require the person has a power drill. I'll let you know when I post it.
I sell my plans for 5$ it makes me an extra 30-50$ per week

Old 08-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Done. Not bad for a 3 afternoon project. A lot of new pictures are up from today. This should hold a 75g with no problem, it will fit a 90g but I would want to add a few more upright supports to take the weight.

Attachment 46258
Old 08-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle View Post
I sell my plans for 5$ it makes me an extra 30-50$ per week
I thought about that, I do have a paypal account I could use.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Thanks, maybe if I never have anything to do and want to waste alot of money, I'll try it. LOL

Instructions and pics for dummies would be awesome just in case

This turned out to be pretty inexpensive. I have to figure it out but it was under $150 U.S. easily.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:

I thought about that, I do have a paypal account I could use.
That's what I use and I ship the plans cheap cause it's one envolope or just email the scanned copy depends how they want it I use or local classifieds for now eBay is next
Old 08-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

Looks really good. Just needs a tank now
fouldsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

The nice thing about going back and creating the plans for the build is I can see several places for improvement.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
The nice thing about going back and creating the plans for the build is I can see several places for improvement.
As a cabinet maker I don't start a project without plans I even map out the cuts on my plywood for next to no waste but your right always room for improvement
Old 08-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle View Post
As a cabinet maker I don't start a project without plans I even map out the cuts on my plywood for next to no waste but your right always room for improvement
Well yeah, I started out just trying to use up some left overs and I'm no pro so winging it was my plan. Putting the plans together for others to use allows me to start out as if I hadn't had any left overs to use to begin with. Being able to look at it from a completely "how would I do this from scratch" point of view is a whole new thing.

Anyway kind of cool I found a neat little program called CadStd Lite that is making drawing the plans nice and simple. Although I have no ide what the right line styles are to use.

Tags
build, cabinet, tan, tank, tank cabinet

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com