Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, can't hurt to try.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got bored so I put in two of those cable/hose ports on the top like I had on the other cabinet and a port on the lower back for power cord to get to a power strip on the inside. I'm feeling the need to go build and install a set of shelves somewhere in the house.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zparticle View Post
Got bored so I put in two of those cable/hose ports on the top like I had on the other cabinet and a port on the lower back for power cord to get to a power strip on the inside. I'm feeling the need to go build and install a set of shelves somewhere in the house.

You can always build me a cabinet LOL

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

You know, I just went to UPS and did a quick check on the shipping cost and assuming the cabinet weighs about 100 lbs the shipping would only be about $90 from here to your zip code.

I need to check this out because I had assumed the shipping cost would be insane.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

hehehehe , got your brain a churning hmmm?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 08-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well it would give me something to do.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I couldn't let it go. Back to the lumber yard. Picked up another 2x2x8 to further reenforce this stand, think I'm going with a 90 gallon next time. Also picked up most of what I need to build a nice set of shelves in the fish room a.k.a. the dinning room.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:20 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zparticle View Post
Well I couldn't let it go. Back to the lumber yard. Picked up another 2x2x8 to further reenforce this stand, think I'm going with a 90 gallon next time. Also picked up most of what I need to build a nice set of shelves in the fish room a.k.a. the dinning room.

Tapping feet, patiently waiting

Old 08-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow this polyshades antique walnut stain is VERY pretty on white pine. But, it is a total pain in the butt to work with, you have to go very fast and can't stop because the polyurethane in it drys super fast and tends to glob up. Got most of the parts for the new shelves cut, sanded and stained.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i absolutely hate polyshades i recommend against it to all my customers for just that reason oil based stains is the only way to go quality wise with a poly coat over top

Tags
build, cabinet, tan, tank, tank cabinet

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com