Oak stand for 50 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasilvers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 12 year old and I built this stand for our new to us 50 gallon tank (36x18x18). We built the frame (with some assistance from this site) and finished the skin and shelf today. We had fun cutting and measuring in the 10 degree cold here in Milwaukee. It is so sturdy, I'm sure we could park a car on it! Now to stain and polyurethane it.
The bottom shelf is to be a bookshelf, the top shelp is to hold/ charge our laptops. Hopefully the tank never leaks! I added doors on each side to hold fish food and misc supplies. They are 7 inches deep so to small for a canister filter (doh!)

We resealed the tank last week -still have to test that out. And we have a top and lights ordered. When that comes in we'll build a top for the tank too. Getting the gear together is as much fun as keeping fish :)

[Edit: Had to add pictures from the laptop, not the cell]

Attachments

• fish tank pre stain.jpg
    fish tank pre stain.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 416
  • fish stand side image.jpg
    fish stand side image.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 148
Awesome I've just started looking to get one built for me to go with my bar the problem is it's a **** bow front lol yours looks awesome you got mad skills

Back
Top Bottom