Off I go...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm gonna build one...stand and canopy too...

I'm handy enough to get it right the first time with enough information and I'm in no real rush.

I'm thinking 125g or so....but I'm looking for suggestions as to the pros and cons as related to tank size/vs project success.

Also...any links would be great.This site has some and google turned up a few very useful ones as well....but I'm interested in where anyone else who has done this found thier info.

Also...dispite the upside of the DIY project itself,what is the savings potential in anyones opinion?
The stand won't be pretty, just funtional (level and weight bearing) and will have a fabric "skirt".

Any thoughts,links or suggestions are ultra super welcome at this point as I am in the info gathering phase.....

I'm also welcome to reasons why I should not give this a go.Really.

I think if you are handy enough to build a stand, then go for it! My husband has a miter saw, a table saw, an electric sander, and is very handy with wood. (hmmm...I think I've got a project in mind for the hubby!)

Take your time and it will turn out well! There are lots of stand construction pics in the SW and FW Equipment Pics photo gallery. You may have seen them in your search. I think it would be a great sense of accomplishment if you have the talent to do this!

thanks Jc...I saw that one and it seems most useful indeed.

You may want to edit that to .org though.

Back
Top Bottom