Ok I'm gonna give it a try....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvincichlids515

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright here's what happened, I have a 120 gallon tank with a black stand basically made out of mdf. Bought at petsmart not the most ideal stand but it worked until I was ready to either A: I build a stand for it or B: my dad is able to build one for it. Well on sat I did a water change, gravel vacuum yada, yada, yada. I hooked up my second xp3 and noticed that every couple of min it would spit out a bunch of air bubbles, so then a couple hours later it was constantly spitting out airbubbles. It was late so I just unplugged it and said I'll play with it later or get new o-rings. I had to work today so I didn't get home til 6:00 this evening and found that the level of water had dropped a good two inches and that water was running out the bottom of the cabinet where the filter sits and then I found the huge wet spot on the carpet. Nice........ well anywhere now that the mdf has soaked up the water we know its time to replace the stand. We are replacing our carpet with hardwood floors and we don't think that the stand will survive being moved. Sooooo I am going to attempt to build a stand for it, I've never done it before. The tank measurements are 60 1/2" Long, 18 1/2" wide and 25 3/4" tall. I've looked all over the internet for plans and tips. Any tips or recommendations that any of you may have send em my way please! I will update more once I get started. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom