Overflow help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckshot41

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my overflow system that I made! But my feeder fish and shrimp keep going down the overflow! So I ordered two overflow strainer for it! My question is am I going to have to make my drain tube lower to make my strainer work? And if so will my water level in my tank go down? I have two 1" PVC tubes with a 500gph sump pump!! Thanks

Attachments

• image-585723507.jpg
    image-585723507.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 143
You may have to lower your Stan pipe in the tank as it will have to have a little more pressure for the water to go down the pipe. I took a new fish net and cut it an put it on the top. It help but like I said the water level went up a little.

So does the utube that's in the tank sit on the sandbed or below it? Also did you zip tie the fish net to the opening? I've seen them add slotted caps to solve this problem.

Yeah a zip tie will work. Just make sure you have enough net that a little will droop into the pipe. It will drain better than it its tight over the top.

The 1.50" is working great. I am able to open my mag 950 up all the way. I have an aqua lifter plumbed into the overflow. The intake funnel comes and goes- is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom