Oversized denitrification chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wherearepeople

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey guys,
I've been planning on installing a denitrification chamber into my in-progress basement sump. the system will be at its very least 200 gallons and eventually even more. Is there any limit to the size of a denitrification chamber and if I do make a large one will the resulting nitrogen cycle be too much for my existing tank to go through without major stress?

Can you elaborate more on exactly what your plan is? I'm not familiar with a denitrification chamber within a sump.

I wasn't very clear its not within the sump. its just going to run inline with the main return pump as a separate piece of equipment

no I'm planning on using a large piece of PVC with 100 feet of airline tubing and bio balls

Guys I apologize my question was poorly asked I have a several tanks run inline that make a 200 gallon system I want to make an extra large denitrater like a three foot peice of ten inch diameter pipe and I'm concerned for my tank because of the large nitrogen cycle that will occur

it will cycle, but it wont be from 0, if your tank is already stable it will probably not be noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom