paint pvc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i ended up buying the krylon fusion in black and its textured like a skateboard grip tape and i painted the pvc and it looks great now to wait a little while for it to dry. i will be posting pics in a new thread as soon as i get this project really going.

Black in a textured finish? I have not seen that. I did use the brown in a textured finish and I really liked it, but the second can that I bought of it produced one spray and then clogged. I returned, tried a second can, one spray...and it clogged. I returned that, and bought another can of my trusty super-flat black!

I will keep an eye out for the textured black. Maybe it is new.

Gray is CPVC and is drinking water safe it meant more for hot water in residential building.. clear is more like acrylic more than it is PVC and black is PVC and so is white .. white and black pvc is the same thing just black is colored for septic use in building code... and clear is expensive

Lowes and home depot sell black abs (this is not pvc) which is aquarium safe. The reason it is rated for sewer drain lines is because it is more resilient to chemicals and abuse than pvc is.

right thank you for the correction Black IS ABS my mistake not PVC thanks for the correction

right thank you for the correction Black IS ABS my mistake not PVC thanks for the correction

I wasnt trying to correct you, they do make black pvc. I was trying to inform the OP that abs was safe because someone earlier mentioned it was not safe for aquariums because it is labeled for sewage. I appologize if I came across all high and mighty, after reading what I wrote I could see it coming across that way:facepalm:

No no no offence taken.. I was mistaken in my first post by say the black pipe that is used for sewer was pvc that os inncorret.. no offence at all :) I appriceate others clairifying sometimes I don't explain things clearly enough

Back
Top Bottom