Paint trim or remove it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you guys think I should paint the faux wood trim on my tank white or cream to match the room or attempt to remove it? It's an old tank and the trim's already a bit loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

the trim is there to hold the tank together, it's not just decorative. I would reseal the trim and seat it back securely and paint it.
Removing it could be an invitation for disaster.

Emerald,

Is the faux wood trim a veneer on the black plastic (like a sticker) that is peeling off or is it molded into the plastic and the whole plastic is loose?

Here's a photo

There's no brace. I'd like to just paint it and my light a nice white to match my room.

And that's the wrong photo
Here

The wood trim on the tank and light.

I like the wood grain trim , I wish all my tanks had it the black is just boring
if I had wood grain every thing would blend with the stand
I painted the trim on one tank I had years ago it flaked off over time

if its real wood just sand it down and stain it and seal it IMO... im thinking about taking the black plastic crap off my tank and putting on some real hardwood(will be made of hardwood flooring)

Its plastic. The wood doesn't match the room, can I simply paint over it?

You could paint it but it might flake off over time. I would be worried about it somehow getting into the water if it did.
What about tape cut exactly to the size in one strip? Duct tape comes in just about every color now

Back
Top Bottom